Online - Self Paced Course
of the Pregnant Body
A holistic approach to achieving immediate relief from pregnancy issues and preparing your clients for a smoother birth.
The Holistic Treatment of the Pregnant Body is a step-by-step online course that teaches you how to confidently and successfully work with pregnant clients.
Whether you are new to pelvic health or a seasoned physical therapist, this course will transform the way you assess and treat pregnant clients – so you can help them overcome pain, discomfort during pregnancy and prepare for a smoother birth.
What Students Are Saying:
How Does The Online Course Work?
The Holistic Treatment of the Pregnant Body course materials are immediately available online within your private, student-only portal and include the following:
- Thirty-nine transformational, step-by-step video training units.
- Easy to follow downloadable lecture slides.
- Course workbook with technique photos and instruction guide for quick reference in the clinic.
- Short quizzes to ensure learning of key treatment points.
- Lifetime access, creating a valuable reference video library.
- 7.25 CEUs and certificate upon completion (see FAQs for approved states)
Is This Online Course Right For Me?
If you want to learn a holistic treatment approach to gain immediate relief and prepare your client for a smoother birth, then YES, this course is for YOU!
If you are self-motivated and enjoy learning online, then YES, this online course is for YOU!
Our students come from every background, from physical and occupational therapists to chiropractors to midwives. Whether you’re new to pelvic health or a seasoned therapist, you’ll walk away with a brand new holistic approach to treating clients and a new set of treatment skills.
- Understand which predisposing factors can influence pregnancy and delivery and what can be done about them.
- Differentiate between signs and symptoms of low back pain versus pelvic girdle pain
- Be able to identify the signs and symptoms of pubic symphysis dysfunction and know how to protect the pelvis during labor.
- Be able to palpate the pelvis and have an idea of the alignment of the pelvis and how different positions during labor can benefit the mom based on her alignment.
- Understand Pelvic mechanics in labor and delivery and how to influence them with different positions during birth.
- Understand the different pre-existing back conditions and what labor positions are best for those conditions.
- Learn to palpate and assess fascia, muscle, bone and joint mobility in the abdomen and pelvis.
- Learn how to balance the pelvic bones to relieve back and pelvic pain in pregnancy.
- Understand the motions of the pelvis during birth and the common birth pattern the pelvis goes into for birth.
Your Instructor – Lynn Schulte, PT
Lynn Schulte has been a Pelvic Health Physical Therapist for over 30 years and is the principal instructor/founder at the Institute for Birth Healing. She has been helping moms heal from all types of issues women experience after birth and is now teaching courses to physical therapists to share her expertise. After working with thousands of women, she discovered something they all had in common; the “Open Birthing Pattern.” The Open Birthing Pattern results from the pelvic bones and muscles not returning to normal positioning, mobility, and function after birth, creating pain, discomfort, and dysfunction. All of our courses focus on a holistic approach, assessments, and treatment techniques to relieve pain and discomfort and restore function.