Live | In-Person
Holistic Treatment of the Pregnant Body
A holistic approach to achieving immediate relief from pregnancy issues and preparing your clients for a smoother birth.
The Holistic Treatment of the Pregnant Body is a hands-on course teaching you how to confidently and successfully work with pregnant clients.
Whether you are new to pelvic health or a seasoned physical therapist, this course will transform the way you assess and treat pregnant clients – so you can help them overcome pain, discomfort during pregnancy and prepare for a smoother birth.
Course Unit Sneak Peek: Baby’s Head Position
The Baby’s Head Position is a unit in the online lab series and a lab in the live course.
What Students Are Saying:
How Does The Live Course Work?
The Holistic Treatment of the Pregnant Body Live course is a 2.5 day live event with pre-course requirements:
- Review pre-course lecture and lab videos (7 hours)
- Attend pre-course group call with Lynn (1 hour)
- Review resource center for all course details and logistics
- Download and bring the course workbook and slide notes
- Enrollment Fee: $1,200 or 3 Payments of $410
The Holistic Treatment of the Pregnant Body Live course includes:
- 2.5 days live with Lynn learning and practicing techniques
- Lifetime access to the Holistic Treatment of the Pregnant Body Online Lectures and Labs
- Course Workbook and Slide Notes
- 20 hrs Live CEU’s + 7 hrs Online CEU’s = 27 hrs CEU’s
- Understand which predisposing factors can influence pregnancy and delivery and what can be done about them.
- Differentiate between signs and symptoms of low back pain versus pelvic girdle pain
- Be able to identify the signs and symptoms of pubic symphysis dysfunction and know how to protect the pelvis during labor.
- Be able to palpate the pelvis and have an idea of the alignment of the pelvis and how different positions during labor can benefit the mom based on her alignment.
- Understand Pelvic mechanics in labor and delivery and how to influence them with different positions during birth.
- Understand the different pre-existing back conditions and what labor positions are best for those conditions.
- Learn to palpate and assess fascia, muscle, bone and joint mobility in the abdomen and pelvis.
- Learn how to balance the pelvic bones to relieve back and pelvic pain in pregnancy.
- Understand the motions of the pelvis during birth and the common birth pattern the pelvis goes into for birth.
Day 1: 3 Hours CEU
- 5:00 – 5:30 Introduction and Grounding Circle
- 5:30 – 6:00 Questions from Lectures
- 6:00 – 6:45 Lab: Developing a Healing Touch
- 6:45 – 7:15 Lab: Ilium PSIS, Sacrum, Coccyx, Ischium Palpation, Sacrotuberous Ligament, Coccyx Distance to Pubic Bone
- 7:15 – 8:00 Lab: Spring tests – Sacral Rotation, ILA
Day 2: 8.5 Hours CEU
- 8:00 – 8:30 Grounding Meditation and Check-in
- 8:30 – 10:00 Lab: Prone ILA, Sacrotuberous Ligament, Ischium, Coccyx Mobility
- 10:00 – 10:15 BREAK
- 10:15 – 10:45 Lab: Supine Palpations, Symphysis Pubis, ASIS, Sacrum/Coccyx; Hooklying PSIS/Ischium
- 10:45 – 12:00 Lab: Supine ILA, Sacrotuberous Ligament, Ischium, Sacrum
- 12:00 – 1:00 LUNCH
- 1:00 – 1:30 Lab: ASIS Palpation and Ilial Corrections
- 1:30 – 2:45 Lab: Seated Ischiums, Sacrum; Kneeling Position Ischiums; Sidelying Ilium
- 2:45 – 3:00 BREAK
- 3:00 – 4:30 Releasing Lower Abdominals and Releasing Uterosacral, Round, and Broad Ligament
- 4:30 – 6:00 LIVE PT DEMO
Day 3: 8.5 Hours
- 8:00 – 8:30 Grounding – Centering
- 8:30 – 9:30 Lab: Inversion with Fascial Release
- 9:30 – 10:15 Lab: Pelvic Diaphragm Release Technique
- 10:15 – 10:30 BREAK
- 10:30 – 11:30 Lab: Palpating Energy and Birthing Pelvis
- 11:30 – 12:30 Lab: Rib Thrusting/Psoas Release Diagnosis and Treatment
- 12:30 – 1:30 LUNCH
- 1:30 – 2:30 Lab: External Palpation of Pelvic Floor Muscles
- 2:30 – 4:00 Lab: Internal Pelvic Floor Exam
- 4:00 – 4:15 BREAK
- 4:15 – 5:30 Review Labs with Pregnant Models
- 5:30-6:00 Putting It All Together
CEU’s: 20 Hours Live + 7 Hours Online Lectures = 27 CEU Hours
Three monthly payments of $410.00
To take advantage of the three-monthly payment plan, you must register and complete all payments before the course date. For example: if the course is scheduled for January 28th-30th you would need to register on or before November 27th. If you have questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Lynn Schulte, PT
Lynn has been a Pelvic Health Physical Therapist for over 30 years and is the principal instructor/founder at the Institute for Birth Healing. She has been helping moms heal from all types of issues women experience after birth and is now teaching courses to physical therapists to share her expertise. After working with thousands of women, she discovered something they all had in common; the “Open Birthing Pattern.” The Open Birthing Pattern results from the pelvic bones and muscles not returning to normal positioning, mobility, and function after birth, creating pain, discomfort, and dysfunction. All of our courses focus on a holistic approach, assessments, and treatment techniques to relieve pain and discomfort and restore function.