Live | In-Person
of the Pregnant Body
A holistic approach to achieving immediate relief from pregnancy issues and preparing your clients for a smoother birth.
The Holistic Treatment of the Pregnant Body is a hands-on course teaching you how to confidently and successfully work with pregnant clients.
Whether you are new to pelvic health or a seasoned physical therapist, this course will transform the way you assess and treat pregnant clients – so you can help them overcome pain, discomfort during pregnancy and prepare for a smoother birth.
The Baby’s Head Position is a unit in the online lab series and a lab in the live course.
What Students Are Saying:
How Does The Live Course Work?
The Holistic Treatment of the Pregnant Body Live course is a two-day live event with pre-course requirements:
- Review 6 pre-course lecture videos.
- Attend pre-course one hour Zoom Prep Session with Lynn.
- Review resource center for all course details and logistics.
- Download and bring to course: course workbook and slide notes.
The Holistic Treatment of the Pregnancy Body Live course includes:
- Two-days live with Lynn learning and practicing techniques
- Lifetime access to the Holistic Treatment of the Pregnant Body Online course: lecture series and lab series
- Course Workbook and Slide Notes
- 17 hrs Live CEU’s + 7.25 hrs Online CEU’s = 24.25 hrs CEU’s
- Understand which predisposing factors can influence pregnancy and delivery and what can be done about them.
- Differentiate between signs and symptoms of low back pain versus pelvic girdle pain
- Be able to identify the signs and symptoms of pubic symphysis dysfunction and know how to protect the pelvis during labor.
- Be able to palpate the pelvis and have an idea of the alignment of the pelvis and how different positions during labor can benefit the mom based on her alignment.
- Understand Pelvic mechanics in labor and delivery and how to influence them with different positions during birth.
- Understand the different pre-existing back conditions and what labor positions are best for those conditions.
- Learn to palpate and assess fascia, muscle, bone and joint mobility in the abdomen and pelvis.
- Learn how to balance the pelvic bones to relieve back and pelvic pain in pregnancy.
- Understand the motions of the pelvis during birth and the common birth pattern the pelvis goes into for birth.
Your Instructor – Lynn Schulte, PT
Lynn Schulte has been a Pelvic Health Physical Therapist for over 30 years and is the principal instructor/founder at the Institute for Birth Healing. She has been helping moms heal from all types of issues women experience after birth and is now teaching courses to physical therapists to share her expertise. After working with thousands of women, she discovered something they all had in common; the “Open Birthing Pattern.” The Open Birthing Pattern results from the pelvic bones and muscles not returning to normal positioning, mobility, and function after birth, creating pain, discomfort, and dysfunction. All of our courses focus on a holistic approach, assessments, and treatment techniques to relieve pain and discomfort and restore function.